Sunday, June 27, 2010

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A BOY

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A BOY....


PUT DOWN THE TOILET SEAT

LET US LATHER UP BOYS
IT'S HARD TO SHAVE, YOU KNOW

WAS IT A CLOSE SHAVE?

TIE: PHOTOGRAPHER'S OWN
CUFF LINKS: PHOTOGRAPHER'S OWN

WHITE LONG SLEEVES: G2000
WATCH: SWATCH
CORSET: LA SENZA

SINGLE BREASTED JACKET: MANGO


PANTSUIT: ZARA
TANK TOP: MANGO
OXFORDS: ZARA

When the month of June started, I was thinking of a good way to celebrate what is now universally known as the Pride Month and writing a feature on Pride Month is in a way my homage to the person who made me follow my dreams as a Make Up Artist.... KEVYN AUCOIN.

If you have read some of his books, he discussed the difficulties of growing up in Louisiana as a homosexual. He was confused, afraid to disappoint his parents, he was ridiculed, he was bullied. Kevyn's life is a testament that one can overcome these obstacles, be loved for who you really are, be successful and be fondly remembered and missed.

This is indeed a very sensitive topic, hence, I was quite hesitant to write this, but, in a world where people say that they have accepted a lot of things I think its about time that we finally accept that homosexuality is not a disease.

I have read a lot of stories where teen agers decide to end their lives because they are confused, afraid, those who have decided to come out are often bullied because of their sexual orientation. What they need is guidance, love and acceptance, more than anything else. These kids who have unfortunately have passed away could have been the next Herb Ritts, Meisel or Aucoin. I am a parent myself and should I be in the same position, I swear that I will not love my kids any less than I do now, in fact, I'd love them more.

Pardon me for a longer post than usual, but this post is very personal and among all that I have written, this one is close to my heart.

He has been gone for a long time and though I never had chance to meet him, I will forever be grateful for the inspiration that he has given me, still gives me through his work and the life that he lived..... THANK YOU MR. AUCOIN

Styling: Anna de Leon
Photography: Rob Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment

powered by PRBbutton Msn bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Msn bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit My Ping in TotalPing.com Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Auto Backlink Free Automatic Backlink Blog Directory